Monday, April 27, 2009

Day whatever

This entry was completed by Nina Thayer.

I woke the boys up at 4:30am with breakfast and coffee ready. They ate and we loaded the van with the gear and the most important item...a sleeping Carmen. There didn't appear to be a cloud in the sky for pictures of the sunrise from the Shenandoah River, but as I was driving back to the house I noticed that Andy very well might get some color this morning. They will see some wildlife for sure. Yesterday there was a lot of people on the river, but today being a workday for most the boys should have the river to themselves and the various animals that they will come across.

They got off without a problem this morning and I'm too hopped up on coffee to go back to sleep.

I want to give a special "thank you" to Andrew Keller who allowed us to use his beautiful property last night to take out and put back in this morning. It will be a place I remember always because that is where Carmen caught her first fish. Uncle John bought her a "big girl" fishing pole because now she is a professional fisherwoman! Thanks Uncle John.

Hopefully the boys won't be on the river all day today. I think they are doing 12 miles and I'll be taking them out at Morgans Ford in Warren County. At least I don't have to cross the low water bridge! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading along.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why the writing turned yellow. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew,
    It looks like you're doing great on your journey, the photos you've posted are very impressive. You're in my county (Clarke) today and I'd like to try to find you and join you. Maybe Nina could contact me by phone or email with some instructions (jeff@shenandoahriverkeeper.org or 540-837-1479) Happy floating!

    Jeff Kelble
    Shenandoah Riverkeeper

    ReplyDelete